We want to see your style rather than what you think we would want to see. We encourage our members to experiment and be creative while keeping in mind the ultimate goal of beautiful, timeless photos and videos. Here are some tips:
- Show us a consistent style with purpose.
- Be very selective when adding trendy effects to digital photos like vignettes, fade, fake lens flares, exaggerated color toning and split toning, etc.
- Remove any added digital grain.
- In general, we prefer to see white balance and skin tones neutral/natural, unless unusual colors elevate an image as a deliberate creative choice.
- Ensure your graded video submissions have a natural grade and nothing too extreme. Imagine clients licensing your clips to fill gaps in their projects and stories – you’d want your videos to have the most possible uses.