If you received an email saying your application was not a fit for the collection, you might be looking for feedback on why we made this decision or how you can improve your portfolio for a future application. We receive many applications daily and can't always provide the thorough feedback we wish we could. You may contact our Support team and ask for advice, but first, see if this helps answer your question.
Most applications are declined because the subject matter is well covered in our collection. As we're a small Co-op, we are careful not to oversaturate the collection with topics we already have in abundance unless it offers something new or raises the overall quality level.
Some areas where we are already well-represented include landscape, nature, wildlife, and weddings (unless there are model releases for people besides the couple!), so artists focusing on topics outside of these areas are more likely to gain membership.
At this time, we are prioritizing:
- Fresh and innovative interpretations of relevant and contemporary concepts
- Genuinely inclusive and diverse perspectives
- Explorations of local communities and cultures
- Filmmakers and videographers
- Business, technology, and industry content
- Candid lifestyle and real people doing real things
- High-end concept, product, abstract and still life
- Dedicated, passionate and active creators
If you are planning on submitting another application in the future, we suggest spending some time on our site and looking at our homepage, latest collection additions, and Instagram feed to get a feel for what you think you could offer that we are missing.