One of the first things new members ask is how long it takes to start seeing sales. The answer is not straightforward and varies depending on supply and demand, your activity level, the time of year, fluctuating trends, your metadata, and several other factors.
Can you make a living at Stocksy? Yes, absolutely. However, it's important to remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint. Patience is key. We promise that sales will follow if you consistently produce and upload relevant content.
Our recommendation is to not get too focused on sales in the beginning. Clients can take up to 6 months to select, approve, and license content.
We suggest focusing on a monthly or quarterly upload goal that you find exciting and manageable to keep you busy and centred.
Here are a few things you can do if you want to be proactive:
- Study our Creative Briefs. These aren’t just fun reads; they contain valuable information about what's happening in the market and what clients need.
- Make sure clients can find your content; is your metadata effective?
- Boost your visibility by following our SEO tips.
- Share your work on social media.
- Recruit new clients by sharing your custom discount code.
- Talk ideas with other members in our forum.
- Reach out to our Artist Relations team for feedback and advice.
Article is closed for comments.