One of the first things new members want to know is how long it takes to start seeing sales. The answer is not straightforward and varies depending on supply and demand, your activity level, the time of year, fluctuating trends, your metadata, and several other factors.
Can you make a living here? Yes, absolutely. However, it's important to remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint. Patience is key. If you consistently produce and upload relevant content, we promise you that sales will follow.
Our recommendation is not to get too focused on sales in the beginning. Clients can take up to 6 months to select, approve, and then license content.
We suggest focusing on a monthly or quarterly upload goal that you find exciting and manageable to keep you busy and centred.
Here are a few things you can do if you want to be proactive:
- Study our Creative Briefs. These aren’t just fun reads; they contain valuable information about what clients are asking us for.
- The best way to sell your work is to make sure clients can find it; is your metadata effective?
- Follow our SEO tips to boost your visibility.
- Visit our forum and talk ideas with other members.
- Reach out to our Artist Relations team for feedback and advice.