In this article, we’ll learn about Resolve’s qualifiers (masks) and how to get a clean selection, together with applying and tracking power windows.
When combined, qualifiers and power windows can create the most precise and confined keys that can furthermore be manipulated with the primary and secondary tools.
Here is what we'll go over:
- Using the HSL qualifier tool to isolate certain hues, saturations and luminosity like skin tone for example.
- Recommended node structure for qualifying (parallel vs layer nodes)
- Disadvantages of qualifying 8-bit footage
- Adding noise reduction in front of a qualifier node to increase precision
- Complementing qualifiers using power windows
- Tracking power windows
Check out the YouTube playlist to see all published videos in this season.