DaVinci Resolve made quite the leap into the post-production world with its state-of-the-art color grading suite and one-stop solution from ingestion to delivery. In the past years, it became an attractive option to other Non-Linear Editors (NLE) for efficiency, reliability and pricing.
The free version is enough to process 4k UHD footage intended for stock.
This article will lay the basics of correctly setting up your project and get the technical out of the way so you can focus on creating wonderful stock footage.
Here is what we’ve covered in this series:
- Project Manager — organizing your work
- Project Settings — the correct values at the project level
- Preferences — setting the right program environment
- Media Page — importing your footage
- Conforming HFR Clips — getting ready for slow motion
- Cut Page — creating timelines and trimming clips