These are our top flagged keywords and how to use them on your assets.
Our clients already know that our entire collection is art. :)
Please only use this keyword when another level of art is depicted (i.e. a photo of a painting).
While business no longer has to mean people in suits sitting in an office, please do not use this keyword on:
- General people in casual clothing using a computer or mobile device outside of an office environment (clients will search “phone,” “laptop,” etc. to find these)
- General people carrying a suitcase or on an airplane (clients will search “suitcase” or “travel” to find these)
- Random cups of coffee or tea
- Couples at home using technology (unless there is actually some working from home context)
- Family video calls
- Hospital and medical content (unless it’s related to administration)
- People shopping (people working at shops are fair game)
- Cityscapes, residential buildings, and architectural details
- Content featuring only children (unless the child is actively performing work to make money)
- Pets, wildlife, random objects, cars, people at the beach, Halloween decorations, cocktails... (all subjects we’ve removed “business” from)
Use to describe content specifically related to the Christmas holiday, not on general winter content.
Most often, we see this copied and pasted across a couple shoot that includes non-couple content. This should only be used when there is evidence of a romantic couple present. If you're trying to describe two of something, use "two."
Please don't use this keyword to describe people. (Note: you don't need to add any keywords related to ethnicity since they are added automatically from the model release information.)
Families come in all shapes and sizes, but the main mistake we see with this keyword is using “family” on people by themselves. Your child or dog may be part of your family, but if there’s no family context visible, it shouldn’t be included as a keyword.
Use to describe children, not adults. (Note: you don't need to add any keywords related to sex since they are added automatically from the model release information.)
Use to describe content specifically related to the Halloween holiday. Not to be used on uncarved pumpkins, moody landscapes, etc. General spooky content can be keyworded "scary," "horror."
There is room for creativity in this conceptual keyword, but please only add it to assets where mental health is the shoot's intended primary concept.
Use "fitness" on general personal fitness activities such as yoga or jogging. "Sport" should be used when there is an element of competition involved, such as a team sport.
Teenager / Teen
Use on people 13-19, or concepts relating to people 13-19. (Note: you don't need to add any keywords related to age since they are added automatically from the model release information.)
Use to describe content specifically related to the Thanksgiving holiday, not on general autumn content.